“An internally displaced person can be defined as someone who is forced to leave their home but still takes refuge within their country’s borders. This article highlights a UN humanitarian team’s experience in a town where refugees numbering in the hundreds of thousands are in desperation for basic human needs.” -Enrico Frianeza
This was the latest fighting in an internal CAR [Central African Republic] conflict that has displaced nearly 400,000 people this year, according to United Nations figures.
- C. African Republic rebels accused of massacres (bigstory.ap.org)
- Central African Republic forces attacking civilians, agencies say – latimes.com.
- Central African Republic clashes: ‘Thousands flee villages’ – BBC News.
- IRIN Africa | Briefing: Terror grips Central African Republic
- allAfrica.com: Central African Republic: Central African Leaders Discuss CAR Crisis (Page 1 of 2).